Health & Safety Protocols
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Please note that every reasonable precaution has been and will continue to be taken by the Sport Card & Memorabilia Expo to protect your health and safety at our events. However, there can be no guarantees of complete protection as there will always be risks of contracting viral infection through large gatherings. All those attending event do so at their own risk. It is important for attendees to take responsibility for protecting themselves and others.
SCME follows or exceeds the health and safety protocols from Ontario Public Health. These protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Attendees must wear a mask or face covering when entering indoors.
- Attendees must have received 2 vaccine doses from any vaccines approved by Health Canada (Pfizer-BioNTech; Moderna; AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD; Janssen/Johnson & Johnson)
Kindly bring your own mask(s) and wear it at all times. Masks are required for entry into the event.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
The following MUST stay home:
- Individuals with COVID-19 or that live with someone with COVID-19.
- Individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19 in the 2 weeks before the event or to someone with COVID-19.
- Individuals who are ill, even with the slightest symptoms, especially fever, dry cough, shortness of breath and flu-like symptoms.
- Those who have traveled outside of Canada in the 14 days before the event.
As of September 22, any person over the age of 12 must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and personal identification to access certain businesses and settings. Your proof of vaccination is your vaccine receipt or enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code, sometimes called a vaccine passport or vaccine record. You can download an enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code. We encourage you to download and have your QR code ready before attending the event. The existing vaccine receipts will continue to serve as valid proof of vaccination even with the enhanced QR code version coming into effect.
Types of proof of vaccination and ID you can use
Proof of vaccination
You can provide either a paper or electronic version of your vaccine certificate with a QR code, or a paper or electronic version of the PDF vaccination receipt that includes your:
- date of vaccination
- brand of vaccine
You can use a digital or printed receipt you received from:
- the clinic when you got your second dose (given to you in person or emailed to you)
- Ontario’s provincial vaccination portal or Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre
- another jurisdiction
- an Indigenous Health Provider (must be signed)
- Canadian Armed Forces
- not alter the appearance of your receipt. Vaccine certificates can be laminated but it may impact the readability of QR code
- ensure that any information you provide is complete and accurate
We will need to verify your identification and compare it against your proof of vaccination. Photo ID is not required.
Your ID must include your:
- date of birth
Examples of identification that you may use include:
- birth certificate
- driver’s license
- government (Ontario or other) issued identification card
- citizenship card
- permanent resident (PR) card
- Indian Status Card or Indigenous Membership Card